The Epiphone ES-339 sports the look and tone of Gibson’s venerable ES-335, but its reduced-sized semi-hollow body makes it lighter and more comfortable than its full-sized cousin. Built from layered maple, this semi delivers warm, resonant sonic textures, while its solid maple center block gives you unbelievable sustain, tone, and feedback resistance. Epiphone’s Alnico Classic PRO humbuckers churn out a wide range of vintage-inspired tones; a laurel-capped, hand-rolled, rounded C-shaped neck facilitates effortless playability. Eye-grabbing body and fingerboard binding, a head-turning Epiphone Crown headstock inlay, and tasteful dot fingerboard inlays make the ES-339 a real looker, while a high-quality Graph Tech NuBone nut, rock-solid Grover Rotomatic tuners, and an Epiphone-exclusive LockTone bridge and tailpiece ensure that it performs well above its price tag.
Elegant construction with a reduced-sized maple body
Epiphone’s ES-339 features a reduced-sized layered maple body with a solid center block for maximum tone and sustain. This guitar’s hand-rolled rounded C-shaped mahogany neck offers easy, comfortable playability, and its Indian laurel fingerboard boasts a 12-inch radius, which is great for lead and rhythm playing alike. The guitarists here at Sweetwater really love the ES-339 — it’s one of those guitars that’s hard to put down!
Distinct semi-hollowbody tone
If you’ve ever listened to rock or blues from the ’50s or ’60s, then you’ve heard “the tone” you’ll find in the Epiphone ES-339. The phrase bell-like is most appropriate here, with notes that spring to life and then gently decay into a long sustain — perfect for lead lines and solos. While the tone can get bright and aggressive if you need it to, it’s the warm and smooth overdriven tones that made Gibson’s historic design such a popular guitar for blues and jazz styles. You’ll get the same magic with the Epiphone ES-339’s Alnico Classic PRO pickups. Voiced to get the perfect vintage tone, these pickups deliver all the warmth, punch, and bite you want and need from a semi-hollowbody guitar.
Modern hardware with classic looks
While the looks are classic, the quality of the ES-339’s hardware is all modern. You get Epiphone’s LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge and LockTone Stopbar tailpiece for rock-solid action and stable tuning performance, and Grover Rotomatic machine heads keep you in tune while looking sharp.
- A modern version of a classic guitar with an iconic sound
- Semi-hollowbody design with a reduced body size for comfortable playing — great for solidbody players
- Alnico Classic PRO humbucking pickups are versatile enough to offer up both vintage and modern tones
- Solid center block enhances tone and sustain
- Hand-rolled rounded “C” neck is extremely comfortable and easy to play
- 12-inch-radius Indian laurel fingerboard is great for both lead and rhythm playing
- Eye-grabbing single-ply body and fingerboard binding
- Head-turning Epiphone Crown headstock inlay and tasteful dot fingerboard inlays
- High-quality Graph Tech NuBone nut, rock-solid Grover Rotomatic tuners, and Epiphone’s exclusive LockTone bridge and tailpiece