Silverstar drums deliver the sound you expect from fine vintage drums, combined with the quality you expect from Tama all at a price that’s well within reach. Birch shells, Sound Arc Hoops, Star-Mount system, and a slidable tom holder make it the ideal choice for drummers looking for creative inspiration. With a wide variety of drum sizes and kit configurations, Silverstar drums provide an open ended sonic palette that’s superbly suited to any genre.
- Brand: Tama
- Model Number: VD52KRS-VBG
- Instrument Type: Drums & Percussion
- Birch shells: (TT/FT/SD) 6ply, 6mm/(BD) 7ply, 8mm. Carefully selected birch materials are utilized for the shells in the Silverstar series. By using the same molding methods used for our high-end drums, a powerful sound, rich tone, and warm resonance usually only found with high-end drums are achieved.
- Star-Mount System: The Star-Mount System was developed to increase the resonance of drums. This new mounting system provides support at four points on the batter side hoop of a drum. The bracket eye-bolts slide to the left and right, so it’s possible to prevent the eye-bolts from touching each other even when setting up two toms close to each other.
- Sound Arc Hoop: Silverstar drums will be fitted with our new Sound Arc Hoops, inspired by the so-called ‘stick saver hoops’ which were used on select vintage snare drums. The edges of the Sound Arc Hoops bend inward to enhance the natural tone of the drum and offer increased sensitivity, precision, and control.
- Traditional Regular Size Toms: All Silverstar tom toms will change to slightly shallower depths, making it easier to control overtones and creating a punchier, more focused sound.
- Low-Mass Lugs: These small lugs are newly designed separate lugs for the Silverstar series. By reducing the surface area that the lugs occupy on the shell, a structure that does not hinder shell resonance is achieved.
- Slidable Tom Holder: The MTH905N double tom holder for the Silverstar series makes it possible to move toms forward or backward up to 50mm to any position simply by loosening a square-headed bolt.
- Claw Hook: These claw hooks stabilize the wood hoops on bass drums and feature built-in rubber lining which helps protect the wood and maintain tuning even during long performances. Also, the new rubber spacers help protect the die-cast zinc claw hooks and tension bolts from damage when the bass drum is placed on the ground.