- Mobile performance keyboard with pro sounds, enhanced features, and battery-powered operation
- Includes all the sounds from the popular XPS-10 and JUNO-Di, plus updated acoustic and electric pianos and additional regional sounds
- Wave expansion slot enables users to download new sound waveforms, available for free at Roland’s Axial website
- Sample import function with twice the memory capacity of the XPS-10
- Version 2.00 software supports multi-sample import for professional sound creation
- Large graphic display and hands-on knobs/sliders for easy navigation and editing
- Eight Phrase Pads for triggering samples and audio songs stored on USB memory
- Mic input and dedicated Reverb, Vocoder, and Auto Pitch effects for impressive vocal performances
- Intuitive eight-track pattern sequencer with non-stop recording for quickly developing song ideas
- USB audio/MIDI and DAW Control mode
- JUNO-DS Tone Manager and Librarian allow editing and managing the keyboard’s onboard sounds from your computer
Mobile and Ready to Perform
Easy to carry and easy to use, the XPS-30 is an ideal keyboard for performing musicians. It’s filled with ready-to-play sounds like pianos, organs, strings, brass, and synths, plus authentic local sounds from around the world. And with its ability to run on batteries or AC power, you’re able to take the XPS-30 anywhere you want to play.
High-Quality Pianos and Regional Sounds
Gigging keyboardists rely on acoustic and electric pianos more than any other sounds, and these essentials have been newly enhanced in the XPS-30 for improved tone and response. In addition, the regional instrument selection has been expanded, providing even more versatility for local playing. The complete sound sets from the XPS-10 and JUNO-Di are also included, and patches from those keyboards are fully compatible with the XPS-30.
Deep Editing and Real-Time Controls
With its intuitive, instant-access design, the XPS-30 makes it simple to call up excellent sounds on the spot. But if you like to customize things, you can dive deeper and tweak patches and performances with detailed precision. The front panel also includes numerous hands-on knobs and sliders for creating patches and adjusting sounds while performing, while the rear panel features jacks for connecting hold and expression pedals for further real-time control.
Get even more creative with Wave Expansion and multi-sample import
To complement its impressive onboard sound set, the XPS-30 supports internal waveform expansion via USB for unlimited tonal range. Over 1000 EXP sounds are available for free download at Roland’s Axial website, including top-quality acoustic piano collections, world instruments, go-to studio standards, percussion, loops, and more. If don’t find what you need there, it’s even possible to load in WAV sounds from your personal library and play them from the keyboard. Version 2.00 software supports multi-sample import for rich and expressive sounds, along with the creation of custom drums and percussion kits. Out of the box, the XPS-30 comes with the versatile EXP-06 Studio Collection preloaded in the wave expansion slot.
Phrase Pads for Triggering Songs and Samples
The XPS-30 is equipped with eight Phrase Pads (two more than the XPS-10), allowing you to supplement your keyboard performances with samples or music files stored on USB memory. Just load up the pads with whatever you like—one-shot samples, vocals, sound effects, loops, or complete music tracks—and trigger them with a quick touch when needed.
Mic Input with Vocoder and Auto Pitch
If you’re a solo performer or singer/songwriter, you’ll love the XPS-30’s mic input, which lets you get great vocal sounds without having to carry around extra gear. There’s a dedicated vocal reverb, plus Auto Pitch for singing with the popular “stepped” electronic vocal effect heard in a lot of modern music. The built-in vocoder is big fun too, allowing you to sing into a mic and control the tone and pitch via sounds played on the keyboard.
Eight-Track Pattern Sequencer
When you have an idea for a song or beat, you can easily capture and develop it with the onboard pattern sequencer. The intuitive, non-stop operation won’t interrupt your creative flow, letting you build up full arrangements with multiple sounds in no time. The sequencer is also perfect for enhancing live performances with pre-made backing and on-the-fly looping.
Music Production Partner
The XPS-30 is not only great on stage—it works great for computer music production as well. The integrated USB interface provides a solid front end for a mobile or studio recording setup, allowing you to record MIDI and audio data, including sounds from the mic input. There’s even a dedicated DAW Control mode for controlling your music software from the XPS-30’s front panel.